It’s this season to warm up with a nice bowl of soup. Terry and I are doing the Ultimate Reset right now and are LOVING all these different soup recipes.
I thought I would share 3 here for you all to enjoy!
All of these recipes SERVE 1, I have doubled and even quadrupled every recipe and it’s been delicious!
Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque.
- 1 sweet potato (aka garnet yam)
- ¼ red bell pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger root
- 1½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. miso paste, diluted in 1 tsp. hot water
- Tamari or Bragg® Liquid Aminos, Himalayan salt, and herbal seasoning (to taste)
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside. Meanwhile, roast a whole red bell pepper on gas stovetop or grill, turning frequently until evenly charred on the outside OR in your oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or until skin is charred.
Put pepper in bowl and cover with towel for 10 minutes to steam. Clean off skin and seeds by running under cool water. Remove seeds, cut in quarters, and chop one quarter into ½-inch cubes. (Set remainder of pepper aside for another use.)
Place sweet potato, pepper, broth or water, ginger, oil, and miso in blender. (If you want chunky soup, set aside some chunks of pepper.) Blend thoroughly, adding more liquid to achieve desired soup consistency. Transfer to a pot and gently heat on low until hot. Add tamari or aminos, salt, and seasoning as desired. Serves 1.
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks and steamed
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Himalayan salt or Bragg® Liquid Aminos (to taste)
- Herbal seasoning or fresh herbs, like basil or dill (optional; to taste)
- Steamed vegetables (optional; for chunky soup)
Soak cashews in enough water to cover for 1 hour; drain. Combine cashews, zucchini, salt or aminos, and seasonings in blender and mix until smooth, adding water as needed for desired consistency. Pour into saucepan and reheat gently, but do not boil. For chunky soup, add steamed chopped vegetables of your choice. Can also be served cold. Serves 1.
Hearty Vegetable Miso Soup
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbls finely chopped yellow onion
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 small carrot, cut in thin diagonal slices
1 small celery stalk, cut in thin diagonal slices
1/2 tsp peeled & finely grated ginger
2 c water
1/4 c shredded Napa cabbage or bok choy
1/4 c wakame seaweed (we didn’t use this)
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp sliced green onion
1 Tbsp miso mixed with 2 Tbsp hot water (add more miso to taste)
Optional: 1/2 c broccoli florets, 2 Tbsp chopped fresh green beans
1. Heat oil in soup pot on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and celery and sauté for 5 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add water and simmer on low for 20 minutes until veggies are tender.
3. Add broccoli, beans, cabbage and seaweed (as wanted). Stir and simmer until tender but not overcooked. (Broccoli and beans should remain crisp.)
4. Remove from heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and miso mixture. Serves 1.