My recipe of the week is one of my favourite ways to make a busy week a bit less hectic.
Egg cups are an easy, nutritious breakfast that are a snap to make in batches for a week of healthy meals to start your day.
This recipe is also incredibly versatile; you can use it as a template to swap in your favorite proteins and veggies.
Note: If you do swap in/out ingredients, the nutritional information may change.
Power Protein Egg Cups
These power protein egg cups are so easy to make and perfect to grab and go in the morning!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Servings6 servings, 2 egg cups each
Calories 110 kcal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups egg whites (16 large eggs)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 slices cooked turkey bacon chopped
- 3 oz. cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups red bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare twelve muffin cups by coating with spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk and egg whites in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper (if desired); whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Evenly divide turkey bacon, chicken, bell peppers, and onion between prepared muffin cups.
- Evenly pour egg white mixture over turkey bacon mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of egg cups comes out clean and eggs are set.
2B Mindset Plate It
A great protein as part of breakfast.